Monday, August 25, 2008

Trip to Liguria

When you live in northern Italy and you want to spend a day at the sea, you have not many choices: you can go to the Adriatic sea or you can go to Liguria. Ligurian sea is the closest to Milan, and if you don't find a lot of traffic on the highway you can reach the sea in less than two hours.
Unfortunately, *a lot* of people find the sea attractive in summer, so you are always pretty sure to have to fight for a parking space and for a (very) little slot of beach.
Anyway, last wednesday I was in need to see and feel the sea, so we take advantage of an unexpected day out and we went to Varazze.


Varazze is one of the settlements near the highway. It is only a classic Ligurian sea town, full of plain and crowded beach establishments...not really my idea of relax. But I spent in this place many summers when I was a child, so at least I can value a few positive aspects.
One of the things I like is that most part of the old town is nicely colored. My camera batteries were down, so I didn't manage to take many photos. :o(


Another positive thing is that you can find many good culinary specialties, fish, pesto, focaccia and so on.
I'll write the next recipe for our EST blog, after the yummy Blueberry Muffins from Andreia (Aracne Design) and this quick trip gave me a lot of inspiration, I'm sure you will appreciate!

4 comments:

StaroftheEast said...

The town looks lovely, I would love to make a long visit to Italy!!

Anonymous said...

I love Italy this was great to look at.

jealousydesign said...

it looks so lovely! Italy is a lovely country, I have never been on this side of Italy and way to many years ago.

X by Leina Neima said...

Looks lovely to me, too... Hopefully one good day I can visit Italy!