Thursday, August 7, 2008

The EST book project

Some time ago the EST group decided to make a really original book: each member should have made a page, including some sort of artwork and illustrating his own Etsy shop. Then our super-artist KreativLink should have bound them all in a wonderful journal, ready to sell in our EST store.
I just saw that after more than two months we have 20 pages only, ready to be bound. I can't believe nobody else would like to join this great project, maybe someone forgot it, maybe someone doesn't read the remainders, and I'm sure many new members don't know the project at all.
So, I think the best way to boost the project is to share some work, so that people can be inspired to make his own page! You can find the directions to make your page here on our EST blog. The deadline has been delayed , waiting for more pages to come in.
Here is mine. :o)
I used a watercolor white paper, 300 gr, cold pressed.


I painted my favorites tree and leaf shapes on the middle pages. I worked with different media, most of them natural: watercolors (my special French pigments), turmeric and ink for the tree and real henna and tea for the leaf page!


I love henna, you can use it to draw very nice artwork, and it has a so good and earthy, persistent scent you can smell it way after the paste has been removed from the paper (K, can you smell it still? :o) .


On the front page I talked a bit about me and my work, and on the back I put a printed selection of my items on Etsy. I used a sheet of iron-on transfer paper to make the print, so I could use a heavy and coarse paper sheet and still obtain a printed-like appearance.

To make a page for our journal is simple, it only takes time, but I'm sure you will find some, it is for a good cause!
Go create, quick! ;o)

4 comments:

ira said...

Wow, beautiful pages Mellyrn!

Kreativlink said...

Indeed, they are gorgeous Melly! And I hope you inspire some more people :)

StaroftheEast said...

Your pages are gorgeous, I have added this blogpost as another example on the list of blogs, thank you :)

Arctida said...

Very pretty pages! I wish I was as creative when it comes to painting :)